MISSION (short and sweet): A-Traditional Family is leveraging family adversity through Christ to achieve greatness.
Families encounter adversities in many different shapes and forms. They come in all sizes. And they all require different actions to take. A-Traditional Family is reaching out to all types of families who struggle with their martial relationships, parental relationships, sibling relationships, and all other outside relationships. For the most part up to this point, we are not too different than other ministries, counseling services, and other family services, until now.
We separate from other services because we believe the very adversities that cause so much stress, anxiety, and heartache are the very matters that can catapult families into greatness. Yes, A-Traditional Family believes you can leverage family adversity through the power of Jesus Christ to reach greatness.
No more cowering away from the problems and issues. We help families attack the problems head on and use those challenges as leverage to reach new heights.
God’s Take On Adversity
- Focus. 2 Corinthians 4:16–18 “16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”
- Our troubles seem to stand in front of our face, squared up eye to eye. However, when we see beyond the troubles and fix our eyes on the unseen, eternal kingdom, we embrace a new mind. Instead of being burdened by adversity, we have the opportunity to use our troubles to achieve God’s plans for a healthy, thriving family life.
- Persevere. James 1:2–4 “2Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,a whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.”
- Fight the good fight and run the race set before you. The hardships are only stepping stones to perseverance. Paul also says in Romans 5, perseverance produces character. Know the resiliency will produce your character into the likeness of Christ.
- Strength In Weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9–10 “9But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
- By far one of the greatest verses to help anyone leverage adversity. Your weakness is at the greatest point of God’s intervention and your greatness because God is working in you. I call this point vulnerability. Many people cower away from vulnerability, but God can do amazing things through your vulnerability, weakness because it is His strength.
My Personal Conviction On Leveraging Family Adversity
While most of society runs away from adversity to seek out comfort from other resources, you have the opportunity to press into your adversity to achieve greatness. Very often, the surfaced problem from adversity will show potential to breakthrough. It might be tough and taxing, but God is ready to do some amazing things through your troubles.
As Proverbs 3:5 says, “Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding.” While the world is professing self dependency and help, God is restoring the ways established long ago, Jesus-dependent.
Jesus can and will restore your marriage and family from adversity. And even better so, he will use those hardships to bring about a new marriage and family life better than ever before. However, we must know it, see it, believe it, and do it.
Featured background image courtesy of winnond / FreeDigitalPhotos.net